Saturday 3 September 2011

Concept Art

A small update with some of the concept art created for the animation.
These concept pieces can be quite important for determining the visual result of the final thing. If I'm designing scene layout, I'll refer back to these to see what I liked about certain compositions and combinations of elements. Its also a way of getting my ideas about colour and lighting down on 'paper'. These may serve as a guide for when animation is point cached and brought into Maya for lighting, further surfacing, VFX and rendering (I'm animating for the most part in Softimage XSI). If you're curious about this cross-platforming that I'm talking about, never fear: I will be going through my planned workflow for the entire project in a later post.

In the meantime: enjoy








No comments:

Post a Comment